Friday, May 11, 2018

Sondesh/Sandesh – Bengali Sondesh – Easy to make, Tasty to eat




How it started.

Morning. The milk, as usual, sat on the stove fire in a pan.

And lo behold.

As the boiling point comes, the milk starts curdling.

I am surprised, and pressing the palm on my fore, I start thinking what to do with this one and a half liter of curdled milk.

Idea. Rushed to the fridge, opened it and took out two fresh lime.

Simmered the flame. Cut the lime, squeezed out the juice. And then added a little water to it and poured the lime juice into the curdling milk pan.

Flame put on high.

The solid separates. Few minutes till the Chenna is ready.

Using a muslin cloth, strained the solid from the water.

Now tied a knot to the muslin and hanged the chenna till the water had left for the chenna to be dry.

I knew it will take some time to get my chenna for my next use.

In between I finished my cooking.

Next:

Making of Sondesh

Taking the chenna on a plate, I rubbed the chenna with the far end of my palm till it became smooth.
Then added sugar as per my taste (add sugar as per individual need) and mixed it together. Spent another couple of minutes to rub this mixture with the palm till the sugar got properly mixed.

Next:

Sat a heavy bottom kadhai on the stove.

Added the chenna mix.

Next process is continuous...

Took a ladle and with its back rubbed this mix in the kadhai, up and down, up and down, till the chenna looked fully cooked and started changing its colour a bit. Added some elaichi powder. Took it off the flame when it was still a bit soft but had lost its raw smell.

Put it out on a plate and flattened the top.

As it cooled down a bit, placed it in the fridge for about an hour.

Took it out and cut it into square shapes.



Ate and enjoyed the taste and made others in my family happy too with this TASTY BITE.

You can try it. Home-made food is tasty, healthy and so hygienic. A change of taste makes all the difference.

© gouriguha 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment