Friday, November 30, 2018

Pineapple Chutney/Anarosh-er-chutney (Home-made Recipe)



Something sweet and tangy is in my thoughts today.

Not only that, some fruity thoughts are also cooking its way.

I love the taste and the smell of pineapples. A glass of pineapple juice is so cool and refreshing for me. I simply love this fruit.

Today this fruit is being cooked in my kitchen to be served as chutney.

The sweet smell of this fruit spreads across my kitchen and tingle’s my sense of smell as I make this chutney.

Very simple preparation…

Ingredients:
Cut the pineapple into small pieces about 2 cup full
Oil: about 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 2 tsp.
Sugar or gur/jiggery (for the palates taste)
And of course some water.

Preparation:

In a pan or wok heat the oil.

Next add the mustard seeds in the hot oil.

Add the pineapple pieces and stir for a couple of minutes.

Next add some water and let it come to a boil.

Add the sugar/gur and cook till the pineapple pieces soften.

Don’t dry all the water. Let there be some running gravy, for that makes all the difference in the taste..

Cool and serve during lunch.


Try and enjoy this simple chutney.

Another way to cook this:

Add about 1 tbsp. of mustard paste after adding the sugar/gur and cook. This also tastes very nice.

© gouriguha 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment